The Brisbane Southside History Network (BSHN) is the organisation and meeting place for the purpose of the common history for all history and environmental groups within the area of the Brisbane Southside*, and to provide a public-private business interface for the network of history groups and professional historians on the Brisbane Southside.
The current organisational members of the Network are:
- Annerley-Stephens Historical Society
- Boggo Road Gaol Historical Society Inc.
- Bulimba District Historical Society Inc.
- Coorparoo & Districts Heritage Group
- Coopers Plains Local History Group
- Friends of Balmoral Cemetery
- Friends of South Brisbane Cemetery
- Mount Gravatt District Historical Association
- Sunnybank District History Group
- Oxley Creek Catchment Association
The Network is there for:
- Fostering and promoting the common history shared across the Brisbane Southside;
- Provision, through the control of a Governance Board, a public-private entity to deliver history services and products to the market (both government and private clients), on behalf of the network, for a fee;
- Manage private investments in Network Projects, such as currently the Mapping Brisbane History website and mapping program (including the Mapping Brisbane Southside History Project).
Each member organisation of BSHN has representation on the Governance Board which would own all network and business interests.
*The area of the BHSN would be defined as all the area from the south bank of the Brisbane River BETWEEN eastern bank of the Oxley Creek and the western bank of the Bulimba Creek, and as far south as the current Brisbane city boundary.